So you want to make an OC?: A Masterpost of Ways to Create, Develop, and Make Good OCs!
i made this masterpost in hopes that it helps you in making your own OCs ah;; it can also apply to developing RP characters i suppose! if you’d like to add more resources then go for it sugar pea (´ヮ`)!
How to Write Better OCs:
- basic tips on how to make your oc even better
- tragic backstory? learn how to write one/make yours great
- writing specific characters
- a wordier, great guide on how to develop your character
- kick out those vague descriptions and make them AWESOME
- how to actually make an OC
- Q&A (to develop characters)
- more Q&As
- giving your character a backstory
- how to write an attractive character
- adding more racial diversity
- avoiding tokenism, AKA, how to add diversity to your cast not just because you “need” it
- writing sexuality and gender expression (doesnt include non binary, if you have a good ref to that, please add on!)
- masterpost on writing more diversity into your story
- cultures of the world
- guides to drawing different ethnicities (not just a great art reference, but also really helpful in appearance descriptions!)
Mary Sue/Gary Stu
- Test to see if your character is a Sue
- Explains subdivisions of Sues/Stus
- Powerful Characters Don’t Have to Be Sues
- villain generator
- need an evil sounding name for your evil character? bam
- villain archetypes
- what’s your villain’s motive for being a villain?
- character perceptions (What your character thinks of themselves and what others think of them)
- how to write strong relationships between two characters
- 8 ways to write better characters and develop their relationships with others
- OCxLove Interest Handbook
- develop your couple with good ol’ Q&A!
- how to write realistic relationships
- how to write relatives for your characters (this is more OC related to a canon character, but will help in writing family members in general)
- 12 common archetypes
- 8 archetypes for male/female characters
- female archetypes (goes pretty indepth from two main categories)
- a list of archetypes
- tips for better design
- basic appearance generator
- pinterest board for character design (includes NSFW and images of skeletons/exposed muscle (?) so tread carefully!)
- clothing ref masterpost
- give your character better powers
- a list of professions
- proactive vs reactive characters
- positive and negative traits
- interest generator
- skills generator
- motivation generator
- 123 ideas for character flaws
- list of phobias
again, this is to help inspire you or help establish your OCs! i hope you get a lot of info and help from this ahh ( ´ ▽ ` )ﾉ
Here, anon. Have a Lyn. e v e
I taught myself to knit about 4 months ago. I’d never knitted before but having a million chest infections in a row means you need to find something to keep you occupied while you’re stuck in bed feeling miserable.
Knitted Bowie is my first wee project and I plan on making more little characters. He’s naked for now…I’m in the middle of making a miniature jumpsuit that would make Kansai Yamamoto proud.
I’m hoping my next lot will be a bit more defined and tidy but he’s pretty cool, despite the dodgy neck and strange arm/leg thickness.
"You should just fall in love with me.”
E r i K a i’s Double Art Giveway!
Prizes:+ Two Bust Illustrations from both Eeriah and Kairi-H
Rules:+ Must be following both Eeriah and Kairi-H.
+ Reblogs only (you can Like this post but it does not help your chances of winning).
+ Reblog as many times you want, but becareful not to spam your watchers.
+ Liking our Facebook page will increase your chances of winning!
+ A random winner will be chosen with the help of a random number generator.
+ Winner must have their Ask box open.
+ If after 24 hours the winner does not respond, we will pick another winner randomly.
+ Giveway ends on March 14th UTC!
GOOD LUCK EVERYONE AND THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT~
ONLY 9 DAYS LEFT!!! <3